You have booked your accommodation and you are on your way to an enjoyable vacation in Zadar. A few helpful tips:
- First and foremost, make sure you bring your “CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION” email with you, as it contains all the relevant information regarding your booking. That email is automatically sent after you pay the deposit for your accommodation. If you do not see it in your inbox, check any spam or junk folders.
- The standard check-in time is 3pm. However, an earlier check-in can be requested from the property owner and will likely be granted if there are no previous guests staying in the property. If an earlier check-in is not possible, then most owners will allow you to leave your luggage at the property until you check in. Likewise, the standard check-out time is 10am, but a later check-out may be possible if there are no new guests arriving that day. If a later check-out is not possible, most owners will allow you to leave your luggage at the property until later in the day.
- You must inform the property owner or the Agency of your expected arrival time. The owner’s contact information and the property address are listed on your “CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION” email. Unless arranged otherwise, you will go straight to the property and the owner or his representative will meet you there to give you the keys. If you need detailed directions or have trouble finding the property, contact the owner for assistance.
Note: Zadar City Apartments can also arrange your airport transfer, all you need is to email us all your flight details.
- The property owner will ask for your passports so that he can write down your information. This is standard procedure, so do not be alarmed. All accommodations in Croatia (hotels and private properties alike) are required to register their guests with the local authorities.
- The remaining balance is payable directly to the Agency (in cash only) or at the apartment (in cash only) upon arrival, so please be sure to have the correct amount on hand.